This is a transformational time for in-home Wi-Fi. The demands on home networks have increased over time and customers expectation on the quality and speed of in-home Wi-Fi are growing. Service providers are bringing faster internet speeds to realize the Smart home with the IoT solutions.
Wi-Fi is the most popular way of accessing the internet with a strong penetration on the in-home environment, nevertheless, due to diversity of possibilities and formats of the houses In-Home Wi-Fi suffers challenges related with coverage, performance, interferences, among other issues.
Due to lack of expertise from many end customers, there are challenges in terms of proper configuration, location equipment, home conditions, and security, among others to setup properly the home Wi-Fi network.
Proper deployment and management of In-home Wi-Fi networks can help improve customer experience. This project intents to perform a market assessment of the current In-Home Wi-Fi issues and gaps as well as identify the current industry efforts and future work to solve the identified gaps.
Outcomes / Target Audience
Targeting the main actors in the industry, both operators and vendors, the expected outcomes are:
- Delivery of prioritized In-home Wi-Fi carrier requirements
- Roadmap of standardization efforts across industry bodies
- Symbiotic assessment on residential gateway provider, device provider and chipset vendors collaboration opportunities
- Identification and actuation plan on current issues / gaps
- Value-add performance testing on areas that can transversally help the industry