The WBA is a global organization with members and employees across the world.
Our team of professional staff work on a broad range of initiatives and challenges. Joining the WBA will give you the chance to influence the daily lives of people across the globe.
The Wireless Broadband Alliance (WBA) is currently offering a great development opportunity for a tech-minded, social media-savvy individual with excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
The Social Media Marketer / Blogger will deliver friendly and engaging content (both text and video) through our Social Media channels (Blogs, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube) as well as create content for our organization website to maintain and improve our thought leadership in the Wi-Fi Industry. This individual will be expected to undertake desk research as well as create content, blogs and conduct interviews before, during and after our Wi-Fi Global Congress and other 3rd party events.
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who looking to develop their (blogging) skills, learn all about the Wi-Fi and Telco industry, is willing to work from home and travel internationally to main Telco industry events. This job offering will be initially a limited duration service contract that might evolve into a permanent position.
The person will be reporting into the Senior Director of Marketing and Industry Development, but needs to be able to engage at all levels of the organization.
- Create and publish fresh content on various social media channels
- Gather and republish relevant 3rd party content on multiple social channels
- Responsible for daily posts to all social media outlets
- Conduct background research for the assignments
- Conduct and publish video interviews and blogs
- Maintain video upload process and YouTube page
- Regularly provide feedback on insights gained from social media monitoring
- Continuously monitor social media trends and tools for changes that affect our competitive landscape
- Use alerts, search and other tools to monitor for mentions, member updates, etc.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in writing/managing a company blog and managing social media channels
- Trained in Communications, English, Journalism or Marketing
- Strong, proven passion for (wireless) telecommunications
- Basic understanding of HTML and WordPress
- Experience writing SEO-friendly website content
If you are interested in this exciting position, please send your CV and your motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org